The National 2018 Broker Education Forums took place between July and August in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth. The forums drew 250 industry participants and have been voted an overwhelming success – by you the attendees! The forums provided provided enormous insight for brokers and clients as insurance moves from simple “risk transfer” to “greater risk awareness”.
Below are the full video recordings of each section in which Anthony Black and Adriaan den Dulk, both Senior Risk Consultants for Ansvar Risk, educated the attendees on how they can tighten the focus on risk management.
Our specialist sectors provide essential services for vulnerable people and are becoming increasingly more complex. Yet while complexity increases, risk management frameworks and risk governance have not kept pace or evolved sufficiently. We know that traditional risk management just doesn’t cut it anymore. Organisations are telling us that they want to tighten the focus on risk management so that it becomes an integral part of how they make decisions, prevents harms and optimises outcomes. Providing services to vulnerable people requires a unique way of considering risk and governance.
– Governance & Risk
– Risk Management
– Governance: History & Human Cost
– Ansvar Risk Products Suite
– Panel Discussion: Ian Ireland, Warren Hutcheon, Anthony Black and Adriaan den Dulk
– Ansvar Products: My Ansvar (broker portal), Education, Cyber, Allied Health, Commercial Property Owners, Regional Strategy and Scheme Insights.
Anthony Black, Senior Risk Solutions Consultant
Anthony is a passionate advocate of the value of risk management in good governance and achieving objectives. He brings a wide variety of sector experience and expertise to his role. As a former nurse and health service executive, he understands the challenges and uncertainties of managing complex services.
Prior to joining Ansvar, Anthony was responsible for the delivery of risk management advice and solutions to the Victorian Public Sector, specialising in Health, Human Services, Community Care and Education. Anthony takes a practical and tailored approach to risk management; designed to shift focus from traditional methods to more strategic thinking and approaches.
Adriaan den Dulk, Senior Risk Solutions Consultant
Adriaan joined Ansvar in early June of this year and helps spread the word about Ansvar’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) practices and framework. The South African-born governance expert brings over 21 years of experience in the insurance broking industry to our specialist for-benefit insurance organisation.
For the last two years he has provided specialist advice on governance to boards. And for 15 years Adriaan has been a part-time lecturer to the Australian Institute of Company Directors, focusing on strategy and risk.
Who Ansvar is: Warren Hutcheon, CEO
Warren Hutcheon, CEO, gives a snapshot on who Ansvar is: our history, Community Giving – our Community Education Program, our vision, our core sectors and a brief overview on our Ansvar Risk services.
Governance & Risk and Risk Management: Anthony Black, Senior Risk Consultant
Within this hour length presentation, Anthony Black discusses – Key considerations regarding governance in our specialist sectors – Important advice for clients in the context of services for vulnerable people – Examples of how culture has impacted outcomes organisations and key learnings – Updated knowledge of risks and disrupters confronting our specialist sectors
Governance: Adriaan den Dulk, Senior Risk Consultant
Development of Governance – Four Revolutions, Human Governance – Population, Corporate Governance – The Human Cost
Ansvar Risk solutions available to you/ your client today
Anthony Black, Senior Risk Consultant with Ansvar Risk, discusses the package of holistic risk management solutions through a highly experienced risk solutions team who understand risk and the requirements for organisations across our core sectors: Faith, Care, Community, Education and Property Owners.
Risk management solutions include:
– Enterprise Risk Management: Consultancy & Workshops (such as risk assessments and strategic workshops), Online Risk Packages (such as incident reporting) and Risk Partnerships (such as employment practice services)
– Risk Quality Surveys: General and drone surveys
– Online Risk Tools: Fact sheets, Checklists and Guidelines available online
Ian Ireland (Panel Chair and General Manager, Client Solutions) takes questions from the audience for our panelists Warren Hutcheon, Anthony Black and Adriaan den Dulk.
1. (0:30 – 06:18) Question from panel: What our speakers believe to be the biggest risks that face our sectors?
2. (06:25 – 08:45) To get rapid change and education we need more women in government, on boards, senior management and middle managements because they think differently and I just don’t think we’re going to get that change…..you will never drive the changes we need unless the representation changes
3. (8:46 – 14:01) What do you see happening in the future when directors are not questioned on their history/ cultural views when filling out questionnaires to advise on claims?
4. (14:02 – 19:01) Investment in risk management is difficult. Have you experienced push-back from organisations?
5. (19:10 – 23:29) Anthony is your philosophy to not eliminate risk but for a manager to accept that things can go wrong in their organisations?
Ansvar Products: Education, Commercial Property Owners, etc
Matt Abslom, State Manager VIC/ TAS, discusses My Ansvar (broker portal), UK Clients (Eton College, Harrow School + 7 more), Education, Cyber, Allied Health, Commercial Property Owners, Regional Strategy and Scheme Insights.