For the latest news from Ansvar see our media releases below.
For all media or communications enquiries contact a member of our marketing team on
1300 650 540 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The FREE half-day educational forum is designed to help organisations identify today’s set of risks and how to deal with them to strengthen governance. Ansvar will launch the roll-out of their thought-provoking educational forums, Building Resilience in Times of Change, in regional Victoria, Ballarat on Friday 2nd August. We encourage organisations and brokers to attend and hear from Ansvar’s risk solutions experts on the challenges we face and identify what communities, organisations and individuals can do to be resilient.
We live in a complex world with: weather events resulting in abnormal rainfall, flooding, temperature fluctuations, bush fires and melting of polar ice-caps; a rise in the extreme expressions of political will and civil disobedience (whether through acts of terrorism, the Gilets Jaunes demonstrations in Paris, militant Vegans disrupting traffic in Melbourne, or increased religious intolerance); and ongoing financial pressure on organisations and individuals since the GFC.
Resilience, which is generally described as the ability to recover from setbacks, adapt well to change, and keep going in the face of adversity is the surest way by which communities, organisations and people can cope with such complexity and uncertainty.
Ansvar has developed and arranged for a range of support services to assist and support our client organisations, and it is the aim of the Education Forum to discuss and encourage awareness of these services.
Diana Borgmeyer, Ansvar’s Risk Solutions General Manager will discuss Governing for Vulnerable People, which will be of particular interest to board members and executives. When we talk about governance in the care sectors, the first issue that we need to address is a good governance is very challenging – there’s complexity and ambiguity around the types of risks.
Diana will also delve into Royal Commission considerations for organisations;
– Process: ‘Understand the purpose, work and terms of reference – Governing Body Plan’, ‘Communication to staff & clients’ and ‘Organisation/ sector implications’
– Preparation: ‘Legal & insurance preparedness’ and ‘Risk management framework’
– Participation: ‘Participation must be enabled’ and ‘Receiving a summons’
This forum will equip attendees with:
– Updated knowledge of risks and disrupters confronting our specialist sectors
– Key considerations regarding governance in our specialist sectors
– Royal Commission considerations for your organisation
– An insight into Ansvar’s risk management and insurance solutions and how we can provide you with ongoing support and solutions to meet your needs.
– Topic: Building Resilience in Times of Change
– Date: Friday 2nd August
– Venue: Ballarat Yacht Club, Wendouree Parade, Lake Wendouree
– Time: 8:30am – 12:30pm (Includes light breakfast and lunch)
– Food: Light breakfast, morning tea and lunch will be provided
– CIP Points: Attendees will earn 4 CIP points
A light breakfast will be available from 8:30am – 9am, with the forum starting promptly at 9am. A Q&A session will be conducted at the end which always creates an energetic spark amongst the audience, followed by a networking lunch. For brokers, as part of your professional development, each attendee will earn 4 CIP points. Details on the roll-out of this forum across Australia will soon follow.
If you wish to attend, please register for the thought-provoking forum using the link below.
Registrations are closed as the forum has since taken place.