Perth, Hobart and Adelaide Building Resilience Forums
We live in a complex world with: weather events resulting in abnormal rainfall, flooding, temperature fluctuations, bush fires and melting of polar ice-caps; a rise in the extreme expressions of political will and civil disobedience (whether through acts of terrorism, the Gilets Jaunes demonstrations in Paris, militant Vegans disrupting traffic in Melbourne, or increased religious intolerance); and ongoing financial pressure on organisations and individuals since the GFC.
Resilience, which is generally described as the ability to recover from setbacks, adapt well to change, and keep going in the face of adversity is the surest way by which communities, organisations and people can cope with such complexity and uncertainty.
This year, Ansvar’s educational forum will focus on Building Resilience in Times of Change and Governing for Vulnerable People and we encourage brokers to attend with their clients to listen to Ansvar’s risk experts Diana Borgmeyer and Adriaan den Dulk discuss the challenges we face and identify what communities, organisations and individuals can do to be resilient.
Diana Borgmeyer, Ansvar Risk’s CEO, will discuss Governing for Vulnerable People, preparing for the Royal Commission and learnings from the Royal Commission Aged Care and the importance of improving our approach to governance. When we talk about governance in the care sectors, the first issue that we need to address is governance is very challenging – managing complexity and ambiguity and the effectiveness of risk frameworks.
Diana will also delve into Royal Commission considerations for organisations;
– Process: ‘Understand the purpose, work and terms of reference – Governing Body Plan’, ‘Communication to staff & clients’ and ‘Organisation/ sector implications’
– Preparation: ‘Legal & insurance preparedness’ and ‘Risk management framework’
– Participation: ‘Participation must be enabled’ and ‘Receiving a summons’
This forum will equip attendees with:
– Updated knowledge of risks and disrupters confronting our specialist sectors
– Key considerations regarding governance in our specialist sectors
– Royal Commission considerations for your organisation
– An insight into Ansvar’s risk management and insurance solutions and how we can provide you with ongoing support and solutions to meet your needs.
The launch of our Building Resilience Forum took place in regional Victoria, Ballarat in August and our next locations are Perth, Hobart and Adelaide. Feedback was very positive on our Ballarat forum:
– It was relevant to me having a number of clients in Aged Care to get info on the changes the industry will face due to the royal commission.
– I really enjoyed the global overview and the takeaways for risk management.
– Topic: Building Resilience in Times of Change and Governing for Vulnerable People
– Speakers: Diana Borgmeyer, Ansvar Risk’s CEO and Adriaan den Dulk, Ansvar’s Senior Risk Consultant
– Food: Light food, morning tea and lunch will be provided
– CIP Points: Attendees will earn 4 CIP points
A Q&A session will be conducted at the end which always creates an energetic spark amongst the audience, followed by a networking lunch. For brokers, as part of your professional development, each attendee will earn 4 CIP points. Details on the roll-out of this forum across Australia in other locations will soon follow.
|Perth||Tuesday 10 September||8:30am-12:30pm||Four Points by Sheraton Perth||Registrations closed – event has taken place|
|Hobart||Tuesday 24 September||1:30pm-5:30pm||Salamanca Inn, Hobart||Registrations closed – event has taken place|
|Adelaide||Wednesday 2 October||8:30am-12:30pm||Mercure Grosvenor Hotel Adelaide||Registrations closed – event has taken place|