Long Tail Portfolio Manager
The Long Tail Portfolio Manager is an integral senior leadership position within the Organisation responsible for the profitability, management and development of the Company’s Long Tail underwriting operations and high risk portfolios. The portfolio consists of various product lines, including General Public and Product Liability, Personal Accident, Management Liability, Professional Indemnity and Cyber.
• Hold overall accountability and control of the Long Tail portfolio
• Managing the profitability and regularly review the performance of the portfolio
• Developing underwriting and rating strategies for the Long Tail product lines
• Maintaining policy wordings, underwriting guidelines and supporting documentation
• Provide technical underwriting support to all relevant stakeholders and acting as a point of authority for all Long Tail underwriting
• Align risk and compliance management with practices within the Long Tail portfolio
• Mentor, coach, train and support internal stakeholders to effectively underwrite the Long Tail products
• Develop business plans to deliver on annual financial and strategic targets
The Long Tail Portfolio Manager must be highly disciplined, with strong business acumen and a commercial mindset. As well as being decisive on critical business issues, your passion for the business will be evident in achieving the Company objectives. You will have a modern and progressive approach to business practices, coupled with the ability to identify and develop practical strategies for the growth and profitability of the Long Tail portfolio. Possessing demonstrable experience in coaching, training and developing stakeholders, aimed at fostering a high performance culture is also critical to the success of this role.
You will have at least 10 years experience working in underwriting, particularly in the Long Tail Underwriting space, with at least 3 years in a senior leadership position and completed or be undertaking insurance qualifications to ANZIIF Senior Associate level and/or have relevant tertiary qualifications related to insurance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic organisation that is passionate about being the first choice for our customers. In return you will gain extensive exposure to the commercial insurance industry. Additionally you will have access to a range of rewarding Company benefits as a valued team member.
If this sounds like the role for you, send a current resume and cover letter by selecting the apply button now.