BENEFITS YOU CAN EXPECT
Why Choose Car Insurance Through Ansvar
Choose the car insurance that’s right for you
Car Insurance through Ansvar offers a great range of features and benefits designed to suit customers with different needs. With a 24/7 claims notification service, a monthly payment option and a choice between Comprehensive and Third Party Property Damage cover, you have the flexibility to choose and manage your car insurance in a way that suits you.
The highest level of cover we offer for your vehicle which provides cover for fire, theft, accidents and malicious damage.
It also covers your legal liability for loss or damage to someone else’s property caused by a motor vehicle accident which is partly or fully your fault.Get a Quote
Third Party Property Damage
Covers your legal liability for loss or damage to someone else’s property caused by a motor vehicle accident which is partly or fully your fault.Get a Quote
Comprehensive Car Insurance Cover
This is the highest level of car insurance cover provided by Ansvar. This covers your own vehicle if it is damaged or stolen in addition to the damage caused to someone else’s property, no matter who is considered at fault.
The summary below provides a general idea of what is covered. For the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of cover please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
Third Party Property Insurance Cover
Comprehensive Insurance vs Third Party Property Damage
|Comprehensive Insurance Get a Quote||Third Party Property Damage Get a Quote|
|Features & BenefitsGet a Quote|
|Cover for accidental loss of or damage to your vehicle|
|New for old replacement of a new vehicle of the same make, model, engine size, features and paint type after a total loss. If: 1) you purchased your vehicle new (or as a demonstrator model) from the manufacturer or their dealer; 2) your vehicle is less than 2 years old from its first registration at the time it is declared a total loss; 3) where relevant, your financier has given its written consent; and 4) a new replacement vehicle is available in Australia.|
|Cover for your legal liability for loss or damage to other people’s property and legal liability for supplementary bodily injury – up to $20 million for any one event or series of related events.|
|Cover for loss or damage to your vehicle arising from an accident caused by the driver of an uninsured vehicle – up to $5,000 for any one incident, provided that: 1) you did not contribute to the cause of the accident; and 2) you can provide the name and address of the person responsible for the accident; and 3) you can provide the registration number of the other vehicle; or 4) any other information that would reasonably allow us to identify the person so that we can exercise our rights of recovery.|
|Approved legal costs arising from a claim for liability covered by the policy|
|Cost of emergency repairs after a covered accident – up to $500 for any one incident|
|Rental car after theft of your vehicle - $100 per day limit, up to 30 days|
|Reasonable cost of towing after a covered incident|
|Temporary cover on replacement vehicle – 14 days|
|Trailer and caravan cover - $1,000 or market value of the trailer or caravan, whichever is the lesser|
|Legal liability cover when using a substitute vehicle|
|Cover for personal items in your vehicle – up to $1,000 for any one incident|
|Cover for emergency accommodation and travelling expenses after covered accident, provided that your vehicle was more than 100km from where it is normally parked at night - Up to $1,000 for any one incident|
|Cover for transportation costs if your vehicle cannot be safely driven home after a covered accident – up to $500 for any one incident|
|Lock re-keying / re-coding if the keys to your vehicle are stolen – up to $1,000 for any one incident|
|Replacement of child seat / baby capsule in your vehicle after a covered accident - Up to $500 for any one incident|
|OPTIONAL BENEFITS YOU CAN ADD|
|Rental car following accident, where available - $100 per day limit, up to 30 days|
|Removal of basic excess for windscreen claims if the broken windscreen is the only damage to your vehicle - 1 replacement and 2 repairs in any period of insurance|
|Cover for tools of trade – up to $3,000 for any one incident|
|OPTIONS YOU CAN SELECT TO DECREASE YOUR PREMIUM|
|Named driver option|
If you need to make a claim, we recommend you do the following:
Things You Should Know (Disclaimers)
Ansvar Insurance Limited ABN 21 007 216 506 AFSL 237826 arranges this insurance as an agent for the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL No 234708. We do not provide any advice based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision, please consider the Product Disclosure Statement.
The relevant Target Market Determination is also available by calling 1300 650 540.
If you purchase this insurance, we will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Ansvar may participate in sales incentive schemes including profit share arrangements with Allianz. Allianz may provide other benefits to Ansvar and its employees, such as promotional items, marketing fees for its products and business related conferences, which are provided to us at no additional cost to you. Ask us for more details before we provide you with services.
1. Minimum premiums may apply. Any discounts / entitlements may be subject to rounding and only apply to the extent any minimum premium is not reached. If you are eligible for more than one, we also apply each of them in a predetermined order to the premium (excluding taxes and government charges) as reduced by any prior applied discounts / entitlements. Discounts may not be applied to the premium for optional covers
2. The online discount applies when you quote and buy a new Comprehensive Motor Insurance policy online only. Any online discounts offered are applied to Allianz’s standard rates, excluding optional covers, and are for the first year’s premium only, unless otherwise stated. Promotional or other discounts may apply from time to time for customers who apply for insurance using other methods.
3. Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
4. In certain circumstances, we may agree with you to use a different repairer than the one that you selected or pay you the reasonable repair costs. We will act reasonably in doing so.
5. Safe Driver Discount applies to Comprehensive Motor Insurance policies only. Any discount entitlement is determined by the insurance history and driving history of all drivers on the policy and the number of claims made by them. If eligible, the maximum Safe Driver Discount that may be applied on new policies is up to 10%.