Vulnerability and Financial Hardship
We are committed to taking extra care with customers who experience vulnerability or need support with financial hardship.
Assistance for People Experiencing Vulnerability
We are committed to taking extra care with customers who experience vulnerability.
Vulnerability may be due to a range of factors and we recognise that your needs can change over time and in response to particular situations.
We encourage you to tell us about your vulnerability so that we can work with you to arrange support.
Family Violence Policy
We are committed to providing timely, consistent and targeted help to people experiencing domestic and family violence. We will deliver services and communicate with you in a way that does not expose you to additional risk. Domestic and family violence can happen to anyone and can include:
- Physical violence
- Sexual assault
- Verbal abuse
- Psychological abuse
- Controlling behaviour including financial abuse
We can help you by:
- Maintaining your privacy by keeping your contact information on our systems secure and confidential
- Discussing safe ways to communicate with you, including whether it is safe to send text messages or leave voice mail messages
- Minimising the number of times you need to disclose your situation
- Handling your claims with the utmost care, ensuring anyone who contacts you about your claim is appropriately trained and aware you may be in danger
- Sending information separately if you are a joint policy holder, or helping you to take out your own policy
- Providing financial hardship assistance
- Referring you to specialist services such as 1800RESPECT – Call us on 1800 737 732 or visit 1800respect.org.au
Financial Hardship Support
We understand that sometimes things happen making it difficult for people to keep up to date with paying bills. Financial hardship can arise out of unexpected events or circumstances such as:
- Injury or illness
- Natural disasters
- Family violence and financial abuse
To assist you, we can help by providing support in a number of ways including:
- Extension of a due date
- Paying in instalments
- Paying a reduced lump sum
- Postponing one or more instalments
We encourage people experiencing financial hardship to contact us to discuss how we can help you to manage your insurance policies with us.
For Interpreting Services
Our consultants have access to over 300 languages through an independent interpreter service provider.
If you require assistance in communicating with us, please let us know on 1300 650 540 and one of our team members will organise an interpreting service accordingly.
For National Relay Service (NRS)
The National Relay Service is a phone solution for those who are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech communication difficulty with service support phone numbers as follows:
Voice Relay – 1300 555 727
TTY (Teletypewriter) – 133 677
SMS Relay – 0423 677 767
Select your preferred option and ask for Ansvar Insurance at 1300 650 540.