We are always interested to hear from passionate and talented professionals.
Work with Us
Ansvar strives to be an employer of choice and recognises that all of our employees are a point of differentiation and a valuable asset. Through highly skilled and motivated employees we deliver excellent customer service to our stakeholders, resulting in Ansvar being the first choice for customers in our core segments.
Accountable: Doing what we say we will do
Customer Centric: Putting our customers at the centre of what we do
Ethical: Doing the right thing
Collaborative: Working together to leverage our diversity
People Matter: Respecting, recognising and developing people
To be regarded as the most trusted specialist insurer within our core sectors. We will achieve this by having expert and engage people, who align with our values and provide expertise and dedication. Our people allow Ansvar to effectively give back to our community.
As an employee you will enjoy a range of rewarding benefits, including access to:
- Discounts on Household and Motor insurance products
- Community Service Leave
- Various Reward, Recognition and Incentive programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Various Health & Wellbeing initiatives
- Various Learning & Development programs, including ANZIIF courses and studies
- Staff loans
*NB: The above Ansvar benefits are subject to additional requirements and available to eligible employees.
About the Role
The Senior Underwriter role is an integral position within the Organisation responsible for the profitability, management and development of the Company’s underwriting operations and high risk portfolios.
As an experienced Underwriter you will be responsible for the personal underwriting of medium to complex risk within our portfolios and sectors In this role you will also be responsible for maximising existing and new business opportunities sourced by the State’s Business Development team in partnership with the Regional Underwriting Manager.
Reporting to the Regional Underwriting Manager key responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the growth and maintenance of profitable, sustainable business within all allocated State’s portfolio of business
- Undertake personal underwriting of the portfolio
- Deliver professional and efficient customer service to brokers and distribution partners, as well as internal colleagues
- Assist the Portfolio Manager in maximising the profitability of the portfolio
- Contribute to the alignment of risk and compliance management practises within the portfolio by sitting at the first line of defence
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- 5 years’ experience working in Underwriting with strong commercial lines product knowledge.
- An understanding of insurance risk management including reinsurance
- Proven ability to develop and implement practical strategies to secure new business and retention of renewals
- Display excellent collaboration, communication and negotiation skills both internally and externally
- Proven ability to assist in the development and implementation of effective risk management strategies within the general insurance industry
- Excellent people skills and ability to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues, business partners and customers
- Excellent team player with previous experience in effectively training and supporting underwriters and new starters
This is a fantastic opportunity to express your interest in joining an organisation that is passionate about being the first choice for our customers. In return, you will gain extensive exposure to the general insurance industry and work for a Company that is committed to providing its employees with a professional, supportive environment and the opportunity to build a rewarding career. In addition Ansvar offers flexible working arrangements.
More information regarding the role can be found on the Position Description here: Senior Unerwriter WA
Applications for the role close 17 August 2021.