For the latest news from Ansvar see our media releases below.
For all media or communications enquiries contact a member of our marketing team on
1300 650 540 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Register your attendance: Protecting Vulnerable People forum
June 27th, 2018
You can’t fight today’s threats with yesterday’s risk strategies
Ansvar is a leading risk and insurance provider for the Care, Faith, Community, Education and Heritage sectors and every year we host educational forums that are relevant to the markets current climate. Whether you’re a broker or from an organisation in our specialist sectors and want updated knowledge from our expert panelists on how you can tighten the focus on risk management, please join us and register your attendance to our free educational forum.
This year our forums will focus on Protecting Vulnerable People in the Changing Risk and Governance Landscape.
Our specialist sectors provide essential services for vulnerable people and are becoming increasingly more complex. Yet while complexity increases, risk management frameworks and risk governance have not kept pace or evolved sufficiently.
We know that traditional risk management just doesn’t cut it anymore.
Organisations are telling us that they want to tighten the focus on risk management so that it becomes an integral part of how they make decisions, prevents harms and optimises outcomes.
Providing services to vulnerable people requires a unique way of considering risk and governance.
Brokers play an important role in assisting clients with their journey to improve risk management.
The forum will equip you with:
– Key considerations regarding governance in our specialist sectors
– Important advice for clients in the context of services for vulnerable people
– Examples of how culture has impacted outcomes organisations and key learnings
– Updated knowledge of risks and disrupters confronting our specialist sectors
– Helping clients to broaden their thinking on new and emerging risks.
– Insights into the necessary change in focus with risk management; particularly risk culture, decision making and resilience.
Insurance Products Update
Our forums will also focus on some of our market-leading insurance products.
– Cyber: Everyone can be a cybercrime target – even SMEs – and the onus is on SME owners to stand up to the cybercrime epidemic, spread awareness and do their part to prevent incidents. The Cyber Event Protection policy we offer covers losses to your business, loss to others, cyber event response costs and optional covers.
– Education: Ansvar is one of the major insurers of private schools in Australia and the UK. We understand the types of risk exposures that learning environments face, so we’ve developed risk management services and insurance cover to meet the needs of this sector.
You will leave with:
– 4 reasons why complexity with governance has grown
– 4 game changers for our sectors
– 4 focus areas to strengthen risk management
– An understanding of our latest market-leading insurance products
Forum Dates and Locations
Our forums will take place in the morning from 8:30am to 12:30pm including registration and break time. We will have tea and coffee during registration, prior to the forum starting and light refreshments for our break.
Please register your attendance using the Registration link (registrations closed). If your colleagues would also like to attend they can simply register using the same link.
Wed 25 July
Rydges South Bank
Tue 31 July
Thur 2 August
RACV City Club
Tue 7 August
Wed 15 August
2017 Broker Forum: Watch Video Highlights
Watch video highlights here from last year’s broker forum which included David Moody, NDS Victorian Manager, giving an overview on the NDIS; challenges; how it works, etc. You can also view the complete Melbourne broker forum.
VIDEO: Diana Borgmeyer, Ansvar Risk General Manager discussing Ansvar’s Risk Solutions at last year’s broker forum. We have since expanded our Ansvar Risk offering with market demanding services for clients.
We had such a great day at last weeks 'Reach Beyond Golf Day' that raises funds for a medical clinic in Bangladesh for the Rohingya refugees. Thank you to all the organisers for putting on such a great day and also for the passionate presentation to explain the amazing work that's been done with the funds raised. Pictured is our team Matt Abslom, Matthew J Fyfe, Jim Petdro and Richard Coloretti #golf #funding
We had to share these wonderful words from the Lighthouse Foundation's Michelle Michie, Philanthropy Manager. The Lighthouse Foundation were one of our 2016/ 2017 Community Education Program Grant Recipients.....
“We are immensely grateful for this support which has been crucial in life changing work which has helped so many young homeless girls get off to a healthy start with their newborns. I wish you could experience what I do, when I see these girls graduate to independent living with a strong attachment to their child. Without this help, so many of them would not have been able to manage, and would have given up their baby into the state care system.
Thank you for the partnership, and the tangible feeling that the Ansvar team truly cared about homeless children and young people, and that you had their back.”
Pictured (L to R) is Ansvar's CEO Warren Hutcheon, Lighthouse Foundation Founder Susan Barton, Lighthouse Foundation Philanthropy Manager Michelle Michie and Ansvar's COO Phil Gare.