What is Community Insurance?
Community groups work hard to benefit the public in various ways, and as such they are an essential component to any well-balanced society. However, it’s important to make sure that the people working within your community group to make a real difference are as safe and protected from risks as possible.
Does a community club need insurance? Yes. In order to provide a safe, healthy and risk-free environment for your volunteers, it’s important for you to ensure that the people involved in your organisation are sufficiently covered by insurance for the activities they undertake.
With adequate community group insurance, you can cover your organisation and its volunteers for things like public liability, personal accident, financial loss to committee members and volunteers as the result of an injury, and more.
What insurance does a community group need?
Insurance packages available to community groups may include:
- Public Liability Insurance– this covers your Community Group or organisation against claims from third parties for injury or property damage as the result of negligent acts by your employees and/or volunteers.
- Personal Accident Insurance – this supports volunteers with benefits should they experience an injury, disability or death while undertaking duties for a community organisation.
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance – this insures your organisations committee members and officers for legal liability in the event that they commit a wrongful act during operations for the community group.
Ansvar provides community group insurance that’s tailored to your organisation’s requirements
With more than 60 years protecting and supporting our local communities, , it’s always been our mission to support the care, community, faith, education and heritage sectors through comprehensive risk and insurance products and services.
We understand the unique risks that community services, community sports clubs and not-for-profit organisations face, which is why Ansvar wants to ensure you’re able to continue fulfilling your purpose without risk.
Ansvar provides the following insurance packages to provide your community organisation and its volunteers with peace of mind:
- Community Insurance Business Pack
- Industrial Special Risk Insurance
- Management Liability Insurance
- General Public & Products Liability Insurance
Speak to us
In addition to our insurance products, Ansvar also has a number of useful tools and valuable resources for helping your community group manage the risks that are unique to this sector. To learn more, please don’t hesitate to speak to us for more information today.