What Insurance Does a Community Group Need?

September 8, 2022

Community groups come in all shapes and sizes, but one thing they all have in common is the need for insurance. Whether your group is a small community club or a large non-profit organisation, there are specific types of insurance your community group will need in order to protect yourself from potential risks. This could include compensation for personal injury, property damage, or even defamation. It’s important to have adequate liability cover, as the costs of a successful lawsuit can be very high.


General Public & Product Liability Insurance for Community Groups

GPL, as it’s commonly known, is vital for any community group. This type of insurance covers your organisation in the event that someone is injured or their property is damaged as a result of your activities. Without community insurance, your group could be liable for expensive medical and legal bills.


Volunteers Personal Accident Insurance

VPA is another important policy for community groups that rely heavily on volunteers. This type of insurance covers volunteers for accidents that occur while they are carrying out their duties. It can also provide financial support if a volunteer is unable to work due to illness or injury.


Property Insurance – Commercial Premises

If your community group has premises that are used for meetings, events, storage or otherwise, it’s important to take out adequate insurance for these community title properties. This policy will insure these premises against damage from fire, floods, storms, and vandalism.


Business Interruption Insurance

Community groups can be disrupted by many things, including natural disasters, power outages, and even the death of a key member of staff. Business interruption insurance can help your group to recover from these types of events by providing financial support.


Speak to Ansvar about your community insurance needs today

As you can see, there are many different types of insurance that community groups need to consider. Not only that, but every community group is different, and as such you might find that a tailored combination of the insurance policies listed above best suits your individual needs.

At Ansvar, we adopt a personalised approach to providing our clients with the right insurance cover to cater for their needs. Our experienced brokers will work closely alongside you to ensure you take out comprehensive community insurance that protects you, your employees/volunteers, your property and assets.

With over 50 years’ experience providing specialist insurance, investment management and broking and advisory services to the community, faith, heritage, education and care sectors – enjoy peace of mind with Ansvar. Speak to a broker today.

Back to All News